Thursday, May 24, 2007

Should Your Pet Be Tax Deductible

Should Pets Be Tax Deductible?

Dogs should be tax deductible like other dependants. This week's legislative idea comes from Bayport, NY. Here is an excerpt from her letter to Congress:

"Once again, it's tax time and as always, we owe money to the state and federal governments because I am married with no children. My husband & I have no children because we cannot afford to have children living on Long Island. But we do have 2 dogs - 2 very expensive dogs - and they are our kids. If I should mistreat, neglect, abuse or deprive my dog of health care in any way, I can be arrested for animal cruelty. But yet, here we are, spending thousands and thousands of dollars each year giving my dogs the best care in emergency and non-emergency situations, what do we receive? My proposal is to be able to declare my dogs as dependents on my taxes at the end of the year.

"With the request of proper documentation from pet owners, I firmly believe we should propose a new law to be able to claim our dogs as dependents, whether it be for routine exams, medicines and/or emergency care. Anything would be of great assistance to pet owners."

See the full text of the letter here

Tell Congress If They Should Introduce Dog Deductions

Yes, Pets Should Be Tax Deductible Like Any Dependent

No, Pets Should Not Be Tax Deductible Like Any Dependent

P.S. I also think they should count in the carpool lane!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home