Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Uneek at the All Things Organic Show in Chicago

What a great time. No Al Gore but still a great time. We met so many folks like us and products that I can actually eat! I could not have been more excited! I finally found Macaroni and Chreese. Can you believe it, fake macaroni and cheese! It is really good too. No dairy. These folks are great. Just 4 Nuts makes nuts I can eat. There was also a booth that made gelato too. All using nuts that are soaked for less phytrates. No sugar. Agave sweetened. That's right 'Tekillya' and dessert all from the same plant.

It was tough going the first day. Alaska Airlines held onto my booth display for 3 days. I was not able to put it up the first day. The most important day. It was held for inspection. Same thing happened on the way back and Chicago yet it still made it on my flight. Of course Murphy's Law dictates, if you need it, anything can go wrong. If you don't need it, what can go wrong.














The challenge was really great for me. I decided that if my product cannot stand on it's own, and I I I need a display to sell it, I should not be there. Not one person looked up that day. They were focused on the best grain treats on the market today! Our bakers really know what they are doing. We also could not have done it without Organic.org sharing space. Check us out on their site.


















A special shout out to Today's Diet and Nutrition. They donated a full page ad to help us get noticed and to support our rescue efforts. They believe in our product and fought hard to leave us space in their issue for the All Things Organic Show. That meant so much to us. Please look for them on our charity page and see how their efforts are helping animals in need!




















There was organic beer and wine, milk eggs, cheese, bread, chocolate, nuts, meat, molasses, mushrooms, skin care products, packaging, clothes, baby food, and of course dog and cat toys.There was so much to enjoy. I did not even mention half the booths and offerings. Plus there were 4 other shows in the convention center. Like Fancy Foods and Exports. They were the big companies that could have benefited from looking at alternative biodegradable packaging and organic ingredients.

Of course we got a chance to get out and see Chicago too. The Organic Trade Association put on a great mixer at the planetarium. This is the view from the from when you go in. The Chicago skyline. I have to hand it to the OTA., they did an incredible job and we had a fantastic time.














The show was three days. The last day, on the way back to the hotel, we saw Oprah in the park.How cool is that. We snapped a shot from the bus, just so folks would believe us. Of course we were so far away, you cannot tell it is her but it was. See that tiny figure in the left side of the pic. If you look super close, you can almost tell.





The best part of the whole show was being with all of the other manufacturers and producers.They were amazing. It was like we were all a family. We have the same goal . Even if the products were the same, there was great respect among the entire show.

















We also got a chance to enjoy going into downtown. What a different city than what I am used to. The architecture was an eclectic mix. Castles in the middle of downtown. How much fun do they have!














When my Dad and I were not doing the show or seeing the sights, we got a chance to visit my family. I have so many cousins and relatives in Chicago area. It too was the best time! I love them so much and they are the best people on the planet. I have not seen them for about 17 years and we picked up where we left off. I did not include a picture out of respect for their privacy. I don't want them to to have to deal with the relentless paparazzi from the instant fame of being on our blog. Thank you guys for the best time and all my favorite dishes from my youth! You are all amazing!




















I was so happy with the entire trip. It could not have been better. I got a chance to show everyone the best grain treats being produced. Big kudos to my Dad for his stellar selling skills. He also got a chance to meet up with folks from Seattle that he knew. What a small world!!




















I hope you enjoyed the show too. I wish I could have taken pictures of every booth. They all deserve to be highlighted.




















If you have severe or even moderate food issues or just really want to eat better and cannot find certain items, please email me. I can help you to get great products ! The more we support Organic, the more we have to leave to our children. A famous quote that I love says, 'We don't inherit the earth from our grandparents, we borrow it from our children.' That sums it up!

You may feel as if you are paying more for Organic . The upfront cost is so much more affordable than the back end cost of not taking care of Mother Earth. We differ around the world as to how , why and what to expect beyond all of this. One thing will never change. What connects us all is that we are of this Earth. Without all of its splendor, known and unknown, we would all perish. She is all we have to sustain us. Let us all take much better care of her.