Saturday, May 19, 2007

CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!! HELP!!!!!

The crisis at the TriCities Shelter in Pasco. People in the Seattle area and beyond are reaching out but more help is desperately needed!

A lot of the people responding have offered to help in the way of transporting which I so appreciate. About 5 people have offered to take in large dogs and possibly 5 offered to take in small dogs.

I don't know what I will find tomorrow but I will pull about 10 dogs that I hope people will be able to take.

Mostly large breeds. Since I asked for help before I saw the situation, I know people are taking a chance on committing to a dog. I will do my best!

Pictures will be sent out tomorrow late afternoon when I get home from Pasco and all of you will see what I saw. I will send pix of the dogs that I brought back home with me also.

I am going in faith that the dogs I will bring back will be wanted by some if not all of you.

These dogs will be coming back to Seattle area on Sunday afternoon by transport. I will need to have a general meeting area for this person, Chuck, to meet the people taking in the dogs. Please be thinking about this and a decision will be made where that should be in the Seattle area.

I wish I could have gone to Pasco before reaching out but it didn't happen on such short notice so the cart came before the horse. Hopefully this will all work out. It is busy weekend with lots of activities going on.

I will also plan on going back to Pasco on this Monday to hopefully pull more dogs. It is 1 1/2 hours from me, so not real convenient to go there more than every few days.

Thank you to all who responded, I know most rescues are VERY full and adoptions have been slow.
Talk soon and pictures soon... Contact Kathy Duff lifesavers@charter.net Lifesavers Rescue Yakima, WA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home