Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Please Check Out Mr. Peanut and follow up on Pico

"Mr. Peanuts the Great Dane & Mastiff Mix"















My name is Mr. Peanuts and I am a Great Dane & Mastiff Mix. I have all my shots and will be neutered before I get adopted out. I get along great with other dogs, cats, kids and people of all ages. I am only 25 lbs but I will grow to a big fun loving dog. I am a very sweet, loving and playful little pup and I am gentle and ready to have someone show me how to be a good citizen.

I do however ~ have special needs. I have mega esophagus.
This is a condition where my esophagus has a pouch so until I grow up more~ I have to eat my food in a slurry and eat standing with my head elevated. I need my food put up on a stool. If I don't I can throw up because the dog food does not go directly into my stomach ~ It stays in the esophagus and slowly enters my stomach.

I have been x-rayed by a vet and since the shelter has been feeding me this way I have not thrown up. My former owners turned me in because they didn‚t want to spend the money to confirm my congenital defect or do anything special for my needed treatment.

The good news is that the vet said I could out grow this condition !!

My ideal family would be one that wants a big handsome dog and doesn't mind giving me a little special care.Basically all I need is my food softened and mixed with water and feed on a stool.
Please email Ginger and tell her you want to meet me!
Love, Mr. Peanuts
Adoption Fee: $ 200.00 gingerluke@comcast.net
www.gingerspetrescue.org


Pablo is now Pico and happy as a clam!
This is one of my happiest emails ever. With the help of other amazing
rescue partners, we were able to pull Pico (then named Pablo) from the
Humane Society Longview shelter. His young days were numbered due to
overcrowding.

I fell in love with untrained Pico and we quickly found a foster home -
all the way in Idaho. Sadly, for all of us, he was too big for the
foster family and our dear volunteer who drove (she hailed all the way
from Oregon!) took him back over icy passes and then some, down to her
home. She loved and cared for him but with a house full, could not keep
him.

We diligently found him a new home in Tacoma, where a family with two
girls, anxiously awaited their new baby. Already having been through a
lot, Pico did not fare well, was scared and nipped at the daughter. We,
within 24 hours, found him yet another home, living with a wonderful
woman and her cocker spaniel. By this time, poor Pico was very stressed
and did not get along well with the cocker, as he attempted to figure
who his pack and even who was in it.

We then moved him to a wonderful trainer, who took him in and worked
with him for several months. We cannot thank her enough as we thought we
would lose our boy who had become so anxious. Laura got him ready for a
permanent home.

Today, Alex is Pico's new dad. He loves Pico and takes him to work
nearly every day. The picture is of Alex, in the cap, and his buddies.
Alex has always grown up with a dog.

We are thrilled Pico not only got saved but now is TRULY loved. Thank you for all you do Perrin! !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home