Thursday, November 16, 2006

Holiday Blues for the Homeless! ADOPT OR FOSTER!!

Dear Animal Lovers,

From Ginger...

This is a very emotional email. Tears are running down my keyboard.

I went to visit a shelter. Everyone is dumping off their animals for the holidays.
There are now 3 dogs to a cage. As I pass their cage they all look up at me with pleading eyes and hope.

Tell me how do I pick and choose?
Which one will be lucky and which one will die?
Can you help me foster so I can choose just one MORE?

There is a really skinny Great Dane mix....I wish someone would take him. There is a shepard that has been locked up for over a month, there are four dogs that are so depressed they wont even stand up.

I took the two old ones and the one dog that has crooked eyes and a dog with no front teeth last week. They tell me no one wants the "deformed ones" or the old ones or the sick ones or the ugly ones.

I even took Angel, the 13 yr old dog that has terminal cancer. She is doing so great with a wonderful foster mom that drove all the way from Ellensburg to come get her.
Compassion is what this rescue is all about.

Tacoma Shelter told me that they just took in 126 dogs and cats in the last 2 days.
I plan to go there tomorrow. If I bring an extra dog back can you help me foster?
Or can you go down and adopt one and bring him home with you?
If you can't ~ can you please just ask a friend, family, co-worker, neighbor or anyone to help? Every shelter in town is over loaded right now.
Yes ~ I have never felt so desperate ~

Thanks, Ginger

gingerluke@comcast.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home