Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Great Pit Bull and a Great Dane, Can We Help?

Hello, all.

I know there are many, many pit bulls in need of rescue. I know your
efforts must be exhausting, and I am not a "pass the buck" type of rescuer.
I would try to keep or adopt out the pit bull I have rescued, but I am
having little luck. Here is my story . . . (I will try to be brief!)

Last year, I found a stray pit bull. In Everett, going to the shelter is a
death sentence for most. I work at a vet clinic that does work for the City
of Everett Shelter, so I reported him in case anyone claimed him. Long
story short, I got him neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped and it took me
nearly eight months before I found a quality, responsible home for him. I
would have kept the love bug but he is questionable with cats and I am a
chiefly a cat rescuer/foster home.

I became friends with "Ziggy's" new owner, and I was astonished with how
much he loved this dog. He slept with him at night, took him for long
walks, took him to Spokane with him when he was undergoing cancer treatment.

Well, last week, something horrifying happened. Ziggy was picked up by
animal control in Monroe. His owner is no where to be found, his family
saying he just "took off" and that he "was not himself." The microchip was
traced back to our clinic, and so Ziggy is now staying at the clinic until I
can figure something out. Time is not on my side because I work with
someone who openly despises pit bulls, who will hit them, and who otherwise
is quite irate over Ziggy's stay. Ziggy is being a pretty good boy, and I
am taking him on walks to try to fend off boredom, but I know this can't go
on forever. . .

I am in hopes of finding a rescue that can take him because I am not able to
take him to my home (I have since moved into a rental home). He is about
two years old, very sweet, but somewhat of a wild man (he leaps up on
people). He is good with some dogs, not great with others. He has lived
with cats with his last owner, but I had problems with him and cats at my
house. He also lived with children. Anyway . . . If you can in any way
help me or offer me some insight about somewhere I might turn, please let me
know. I know he is one of countless unfortunate pit bulls, and I am
constantly appalled with how people abuse, neglect, and otherwise take
improper care of them. Whether you can help me or not, I applaud the hard
work you do. I have very limited internet access, so please feel free to
call me and leave a message (425) 344-3052.

Thank you so much!
Siri

"Let's bring Tyson Home ! LOST GREAT DANE: Great Dane, 4 year old neutered male, BLACK with small white patch on chest. Tall 39" and slim ~ Weighs 150 lbs, very friendly, answers to name of "TYSON". Got loose from west Marysville area (Lake Goodwin / Firetrail Rd. /Seven Lakes) on Friday afternoon. Wearing grey collar with tags.











If seen please contact the Rocketts at the following numbers:

Home: (360) 652-0880; Sharon at work (425) 918-5771;
Michael's cell (425) 308-2660; by e-mail rockettsm@AOL.com mailto:rockettsm@AOL.com
or email me at: gingerluke@comcast.net
206-542-3888

Ginger's Pet Rescue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home