Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Story of Cory and Lulu

An ending before the beginning...
After spending a few days with Lulu and reading this page: www.pbrc.net/adoption/problems.html

I decided that I would keep her after all. She is really attached to me and it would break my heart to see her unhappy. As long as we are together she is perfectly content. I am currently in the process of finding a dog friendly apartment that we can both live in.
Cory

The now before the beginning...
I was told that you folks could help with placing a really good pit bull? She is 4 or 5 years old, 1 ' 11" tall (top of her head when standing) and 60 pounds. She has a long history:


















My Fiancee' and I found her roaming the streets of Portland when she was just a couple of months old. She was following a family who when confronted did not want anything to do with her, she had been following them "for about a mile" they said. She was pretty scrawny so we picked her up and took her home.

She took to My fiancee's dog immediately, they were inseparable. So we thought maybe we should keep her around. We brought her to the vet to get her checked out, see if she was registered. She wasn't registered but was malnourished. We got her spayed and chipped her.

After a couple of years my wife left and I was taking care of hte dog alone. She likes to run about 5 hours a day, and I was working 60-80 hours a week and it just wasn't possible. She is crate trained, but it's no fun being cooped up in a 3x4 foot crate all day long, only getting out once a day for a bathroom break. This was just all I could do for her.














I decided top adopt her out to a nice family with a couple of kids, a stay at home mom, another dog, and a big fencd in back yard. They loved her for a few months, then decided they didn't want her anymore, she was "too much work" even though I told them what she really needs is to be run for hours a day.

So, they ended up giving her to someone else, and she has been through 2 or 3 homes before being abandoned at the shelter in Troutdale Oregon as a stray.

The shelter got in touch with me, they were going to euthanize her, so I decided it would be better for me to go down and get her and try and find a new home for her.

My roommate has a house full of animals (cats, turtles, rats), and the landlord won't allow dogs at all, especially not pitbulls! And, even if we could keep her she'd still be in a situation with not enough exercise, and being confined to the crate most of the day.














So, I am hoping you can help me out. I really want to avoid Craigslist, I really don't trust it. Do you have any advice or contacts or anyone that you know who can help?

She has a myspace I just set up for her: www.myspace.com/cute_lil_lulu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home